Wednesday 6 July 2011

REVIEW: Doctor Who Companion Chronicles 5.11 - Ferril's Folly

Fourth Doctor and Romana I

Cast
Mary Tamm
Madeline Potter


I found it a little disconcerting at times as most of it was told, not from Romanadvoratrelundar's point of view but, from someone else's. Not that it was a bad thing per se, I just kept subconsciously imposing her into the Companion role before realising it didn't make sense and had to remember she wasn't.



It got a little technobabbly at times which I didn't mind because it suited Romana and The Doctor perfectly in this story. I wasn't too enamoured by the resolution but it fits in quite well story wise.

Other than that, it was a pretty good story. It didn't drag or get too confusing at any point. Romana was good in it with Mary Tamm doing a decent impression of The Doctor.

Score: 5/7


Writer: Peter Anghelides
Director: Lisa Bowerman
Publisher: Big Finish
Released: May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment